Networking Happy Hour
• Join WBC for Happy Hours Tuesday, February 26th from 4:30-6pm Good Sports Bar and Grill, 200 West Broadway. Join other members of the Northside business community for some informal conversation and networking.
• Northside Resident Redevelopment Council are working to engage adolescent youth through Teen Job Assistance @ North Regional Library 1315 Lowry Ave N. for teens in grade 8 and up. Get the help you need to land your next job! Minneapolis WorkForce Center staff will present tips and information on job search, then provide one-on-one assistance with your job search, applications, résumés and interview preparation. Register online at http://www.hclib.org/pub/events/Register.cfm?SessionNo=12566, or call 952-847-8450.
• Minneapolis youth ages 14-21 can apply for a summer internship with STEP-UP. All applications must be completed online. Visit the STEP-UP page for agencies that offer staff and/or computer assistance. As part of the process of getting a STEP-UP internship, youth must complete a competitive application process and work readiness training through the program. Internships are paid, and youth are matched up with a wide range of local businesses for summer jobs. The deadline is March 4th, 2013. If you need assistance with your application, call 612-673-5041
Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association
• Women Venture will offer its “Plan to Succeed” course at the PPNA office. “Plan to Succeed” is a free 5-week training course for qualified participants and offers vital sessions that will provide the skills and tools needed to grow a business that is feasible, viable and desirable. In addition, participants will receive three 1-hour sessions with one of Women Venture’s seasoned Business Consultants. The course is limited to only 10 participants so register early. The next meeting takes place 6:00 – 9:00 pm February 25 Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association Office 821 E. 35th Street Minneapolis, MN 55407.
VNA will hold a Board Meeting Wednesday March 6 from 7pm-9pm at the Victory Neighborhood Association Office.
Lind Bohanon Neighborhood Association
Volunteer residents meet monthly for two hours to talk about projects, concerns, planning, crime and safety, civic engagement, and other activities or events in the neighborhood. All meetings are free and open to the public. Everyone is welcome. LBNA will hold a board meeting Thursday March 7th 7pm-9pm. For more information, contact Amy Luesebrink 763-561-1616
This month’s Hawthorne Huddle will focus on hearing from our community’s youth. The Minneapolis Youth Congress will discuss their ideas for improving educational outcomes. Please feel welcome to offer your ideas, as they are appreciated. The meeting takes place at Farview Park 601 29th Ave N Thursday March 7th 7:30-8:45pm.
On Saturday March 9th from 12pm-2pm at North Regional Library 1315 Lowry Ave N.
Northside Resident Redevelopment Council
NRRC will hold a board meeting Monday March 18th from 6:30-8pm at UROC 2100 Plymouth Ave N. For more information, 612) 335-5924
• The Cleveland Neighborhood Association will host their monthly board meeting Monday 7-9pm March 18th at Lucy Craft Laney 3330 Penn Ave N. For more information, Ariah Fine, Director of CNA 612-588-1155.
• The Cleveland Neighborhood Association engages youth in decision making through the Youth Committee. Meetings are held every first Thursday of the month. The next Youth Committee meeting will be held March 20th 6:30-7:30pm at Lucey Craft Laney 3333 Penn Ave N.
• The Events Committee is made up of Cleveland Residents who help put on Live on the Drive, Spring Cleaning and Greening Day and other activities. Meetings are held every second Thursday of the month. The next meeting will be held Thursday March 14th from 6:30-8pm. For more information, 612-588-1155.
Graffiti Removal Program
• Hennepin County Sentence to Service has a work crew available to abate graffiti in our area! The WBC is here to help you get connected to this great resource. To re quest this service, you must fill out a form that gives Sentence to Service permission to clean up the graffiti that is present on your business, garage or home. If you have any questions, please contact the WBC at 612-353-5178.