The India Association of Minnesota (IAM) host its 42nd annual IndiaFest, held at Minnesota State Capitol grounds on August 15th, from 11:00 am to 9:00 p.m. The State of Minnesota has proclaimed Aug. 15, 2015 as India Day in recognition of the growing and vibrant Indian community in Minnesota.
IndiaFest celebrates the rich heritage, traditions, diversity, and culture of India. The free event is open to everyone. The festival is bigger and better than ever this year with performances by two Minnesota based internationally acclaimed Asian Indian dance groups – Ragamala and Katha Dance Theatre – as well as delectable Indian cuisine from local restaurants, foot-tapping live Bollywood music, exhibits, cultural displays, and Indian bazaar. Admission is free.
Highlights of the festival
• Food: Enjoy delicious cuisines from six Twin Cities Indian restaurants
• Cultural: Two of the biggest Indian Classical dance groups based in Minnesota perform at IndiaFest for the first time at this year’s event. Immerse yourself in Classical, Semi-Classical, Bollywood and regional solo and group performances
• Exhibits: Visit booths with decoration, traditions, and culture from various regions of India, showcasing the diversity of India
• Activities: Fun activities for adults and kids. Enjoy henna or face painting, kite flying, chess, cricket, or learn some skills in yoga and meditation
• Bazaar: Shop for traditional Indian clothing and accessories
• Raffle Drawing: Giveaways from Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Vikings and many others
• Student Scholarships: Five student scholarships to be given at the event
For more information visit www.iamn.org.