“UCare will be here for you in 2016,” said Jim Eppel, President and Chief Executive Officer of UCare, to communities across Minnesota. His statement addresses rumors that the health plan provider is closing.
In 2016, UCare will have health plans for:
• people with disabilities (called UCare Connect)
• older people with low incomes (called Minnesota Senior Care Plus-MSC+ and Minnesota Senior Health Options-MSHO)
• people with Medicare (called UCare for Seniors across Minnesota and EssentiaCare in north central Minnesota)
• people shopping for insurance on MNsure (called UCare Choices and Fairview UCare Choices)
• low-income individuals and families in Olmsted County (called Medicaid and MinnesotaCare)
“We will be in business in 2016, just as we have been for more than 30 years,” said Eppel. “The health and wellness health benefits in our plans will remain the same. And we will continue to deliver great service to each and every valued member.”
UCare members who have questions about benefits, about UCare, or need help in any way, may call the Customer Services number on the back of member cards. To learn more about UCare health plans, call (612) 676-6500 or visit www.ucare.org.