Goodwill/Easter Seals Employment Training programs offer transferrable, stackable credentials and opportunities to earn prior learning credits with local colleges. The training programs range from eight to 12 weeks long, consist of more than 150 hours, and include paid training in some cases.
All Goodwill/Easter Seals training programs are available to those who meet eligibility requirements and complete the required enrollment process. To find out more, interested parties should come to a prerequisite information session held at 1:45 p.m., the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the main office, 553 Fairview Ave. N, St. Paul, Minn., 55104. For more information call 651-379-5997.
Those interested can choose from one of the following industries training courses:
• Automotive Service Technician Training: Prepare for positions in vehicle maintenance and repair with career advancement opportunities. (Includes approximately 10 hours a week of minimum-wage paid training.)
• Banking and Finance Skills Training: Learn the skills needed to start a career in finance; teller associate, operations and related occupations.
• Construction Training: Learn the skills needed to enter the construction trades as a carpenter, roofer, laborer, etc. (Includes 6 weeks of paid onsite work at minimum wage.)
• Customer Service Call Center Skills Training: Prepare for a career in customer service; product support specialists, call center representative, operations and related positions.
• Medical Office Skills Training: Learn the skills needed for a career in health care; patient representative, office assistant and related positions.