Details for Sales Associate
The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time Sales Associate for greeting visitors, sharing our story, and helping ensure extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment to all of our visitors.
- Excellent customer service: greet, recommend merchandise, assess needs, listen to/respond, and close sales. Actively engage with all customers – provide information and direction to visitors/shoppers, as needed.
- Sell art books, artist designed jewelry, contemporary gift items, and memberships.
- Provide positive, enthusiastic and welcoming environment.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Part-time (15-20 hours/week) with flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
- $10.55/hour, Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- Excellent customer service skills and cash register/cash handling experience is essential.
- An appreciation of contemporary art is preferred.
- A clean, professional appearance.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hour shifts) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented, responsible and dependable.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please note IN in your cover so we know where you heard about this opportunity.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.