Details for Job Class: State Program Administrator Supervisor, Senior
Working Title: Records Management Coordinator
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: TBD 14 Days
Closing Date: TBD
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care & Treatment / Support Services
Work Shift/Work Hours: Days
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes, some travel to DCT programs
Salary Range: $24.24 - $35.123/hourly; $50,613 - $76,087/annually
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Records Management Coordinator exists to supervise, manage and provide leadership of the records management function within Direct Care & Treatment Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creation and management of a program plan that includes the management of medical / health records, location, maintenance and retention of that information
- Oversight of the records management process will include the transition of documentation managed currently on paper to electronic.
- Management of medical record file rooms, working in coordination with HIMS Supervisors.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) implementation and ensuring information is accessible as needed to provide care & treatment to individuals served and to respond to requests.
- Direct and supervise staff in identified areas of the system to complete health information management duties related to records management. This includes data privacy and security, record retention and storage, (EHR) implementation and maintenance, and compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies.
Please ensure your resume reflects your experience in the areas below:
A Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management and a certification (RHIA) with the American Health Information Management
(1) year of supervisory experience OR (2) years of advanced professional experience OR (5) years of advanced technical/paraprofessional experience within Health Care Records Management.
- Experience with medical record and health information management principles and practices and their application to health care facilities, record management and information systems.
- Experience with State, Federal laws, rules and regulations and accreditation and licensing requirements relative to record and health information management, court orders, and data privacy, access, and release of information.
- Experience with the transition to an electronic health record and the core HIM functions such as document management.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sondra Johnson at email@example.com
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Ayo Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.