Details for Training and Development Specialist 3
Job Class: Training and Development Specialist 3
Working Title: MHSATS Training Coordinator
Job Title Training Coordinator
Job ID 24417
Full/Part Time Full-time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: TBD
Closing Date: TBD
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care and Treatment Services / Learning and Development
Work Shift: Day
Work Hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $22.42 - $32.88 /hourly; $46,813 - $68,653 /annually – 10L
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position is based at Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center and requires occasional travel throughout Minnesota to deliver on-site training.
The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Services (MHSATS) Training Coordinator is responsible for implementing and coordinating employee training in partnership with assigned sites and programs of Direct Care and Treatment (DCT). MHSATS is a network of state-operated hospitals and residential treatment programs that serve individuals with mental illness and chemical dependency. The MHSATS Learning and Development team supports over 1,100 employees across Minnesota.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- · Organize, coordinate and implement a comprehensive training service that meets the needs of diverse business areas, multiple programs in multiple locations and a wide variety of adult learners in the DCT system.
- · Assess the changing needs of employees, then design, develop and implement training plans to ensure that employees have the knowledge skills and abilities required to implement the Direct Care & Treatment Strategic Plan.
- · Ensure that all of the assigned programs and employees comply with training requirements for multiple State and Federal licensing rules and accreditation agencies.
To qualify, applicants must have two (2) years of professional experience in instructional design or delivering training to adult learners that demonstrates the following:
- · Designing, developing and coordinating training programs and learning and development activities.
- · Needs assessment, training methods, evaluation and measurement.
- · Working with office applications such as Microsoft Office
- · Use of learning management systems (LMS) to ensure record keeping, documentation, tracking and reporting of training and development activities is accurate and complete.
A bachelor’s degree or higher in learning management, instructional design, adult education or related field may substitute for 1 years of professional experience
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, please contact SUPERVISOR at EMAIL @state.mn.us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator for assistance at 651.431.4945.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.