The creation of an advisory committee is the next step in the redesign process for North High School. The advisory committee will be comprised of thirteen total members, including the following MPS leaders:
• Mark Bonine, Associate Superintendent
• Eric Molho, Director of School Improvement
• Scott Redd, Executive Director of Family and Community Engagement
• Maggie Sullivan, Director of Strategic Planning
• Superintendent Bernadeia Johnson, ex-officio committee member
MPS and ISA will select an additional eight members for the advisory committee of the North High School community by April 12 with the goal of establishing a high-functioning team representative of the rich diversity in the surrounding neighborhoods dedicated to the future of North High School.
Community member selection will be based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to North High and/or the North Minneapolis community
• Dedication to the future performance of North High as it serves students and the community
• Ability to work with people of diverse experiences, backgrounds and ideas
• Commitment to listening to and communicating with numerous community and school stakeholders about the vision for North High and the design process
The remaining four slots on the Advisory Committee will be filled at a public meeting on April 14 at 6:30 p.m. at North Commons, 1701 Golden Valley Road, Minneapolis. Any applicant not selected by the interview team and additional applicants will have the opportunity to be elected by those present at the meeting to serve on the advisory committee at the meeting.
View the application for the North High Redesign Advisory Committee.