OCHC's Breast Health Program uses a Health Navigator to walk high-risk patients through a coordinated process that offers:
• Breast Health education, Clinical Breast Exam, Mammogram, and Cervical Cancer screening to women who fall within the recommended guidelines, regardless of their reason for visit
• Gift card incentives for mammogram completion and transportation assistance to those who are in need.
OCHC also works with the Minnesota Department of Health's Sage Program, a program that offers free screening and diagnostic services including office visits for breast and cervical cancer exams, screening and diagnostic mammograms, Pap smear, exam and results counseling, breast ultrasound and biopsy. These services are available to women who meet the following three criteria:
• Age 40 and older*
• Have no insurance or are underinsured
• Meet generous income guidelines
• A woman under 40 can enroll in the Sage program if, during an office visit and breast exam, the clinician feels that a mammogram is indicated and the woman meets the other criteria.
For more information on Breast Health programs at OCHC, please contact Melinda at 651-290-9258.