1) Allow plenty of time. The easiest way to help make your trip stress-free is to allow yourself at least two hours prior to departure for domestic flights, and three hours prior to international flights, for check-in, security screening, and getting to your gate.
2) Plan your parking. Parking can fill up in the General Ramp at Terminal 1-Lindbergh, especially mid-week. Sign up for text alerts on parking availability at: www.mspairport.com/parking/surepark.aspx. Want to save a few bucks? Use MSP Value Parking at Terminal 2-Humphrey and take the adjoining light rail service between terminals.
3) Save on shopping (and eating, too!) Pick up the March-April Eat, Shop, Relax coupon booklet to find 40 coupons for use at MSP. Booklets are available at all information booths, directory kiosks, or online at www.ShopsatMSP.com
4) Pick up last-minute supplies at MSP. Sunglasses, sun block, over-the-counter medication, and other sundries are available at several MSP stores, including Everything ASAP or the Sunglass Hut in the Airport Mall, or browse any of the news and gift shops to avoid paying high prices at your destination.
5) Know your terminal. Lindbergh is the same as Terminal 1 and Humphrey is the same as Terminal 2.
6) Learn and abide by carry-on rules. Most airlines allow only one carry-on item per person, along with one personal item such as a handbag or briefcase. Contact your airline directly for specifics.
7) Take the kids to one of several play areas before or between flights. Both terminals at MSP have play areas where your little ones can expend some of that youthful energy before having to sit still on the plane. At Terminal 1-Lindbergh, the play area is near Gate C12; at Terminal 2-Humphrey, get your play on near Gate H6.
8) Be a fan of MSP Airport on Facebook, and follow on Twitter, too. Keep in the know when you connect with MSP Airport. Messages about parking, airport events, sales and specials at our 100+ shops and restaurants make social media the place to be for the latest inside scoop.
9) After your trip, bring some color home with fresh flowers. While waiting for your baggage to arrive, wander over to Petals of MSP near Door 4 on the Baggage Claim Level at Terminal 1-Lindbergh. This unique flower shop sells Bachman’s brand arrangements, locally made candy and snacks, and other airport-only regional treasures.
10) Ask us! Rely on the knowledgeable Customer Information Associates who answer the line in our Airport Information and Paging office from 8 am to 10 pm every day of the year. Call (612) 726-5555 for assistance. Seasoned Travelers Assistance volunteers and Passenger Service Assistants are out and about in the terminal and at the Information Booths ready to help get you on your way.