The Governor’s Commission on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Statewide Holiday Celebration will mark the 26th anniversary of the state’s adoption of the federal Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. A bill to adopt the federal holiday in Minnesota was introduced to the Minnesota Legislature by Rep. Randolph Staten. The measure was signed into law in January 1986.
This year’s theme is “Looking Back… Moving Forward: I Am My Brother’s Keeper!”
The 2012 Keynote speaker is Bishop William Watson, III. Bishop Watson currently presides over Revelation Christian Center International which is located at 104 Snelling Avenue South, Saint Paul, MN 55105.
Schedule of Events for Monday, January 16, 2012:
• Rally… 9:30-10:30 AM, Saint Paul Central High School Auditorium, 275 N. Lexington Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55104
• Re-Enactment March…10:35 AM, From Central High School to Concordia University
• Main Event 11:00 AM 1:00 PM, Gangelhoff Center 235 Hamline Avenue Saint Paul, MN 55104
• Education/Cultural Fair 1:00-3:00 PM, Gangelhoff Center 235 Hamline Avenue Saint Paul, MN 55104
• St. John’s Boy Choir under the direction of André-Louis Heywood
• Movie Trailer “Dark Girls” by producer Bill Duke; brought to us by Soultouch Productions http://officialdarkgirlsmovie.com/press/
• Ronald K. Brown, Evidence Dance Troupe/Ordway