If you are part of the 20% of people in Minnesota who did not mail back a census form, you will soon receive a call or a knock on your door. Here is the information you need to be aware of as this next phase in the 2010 census effort kicks off.
- The U.S. Census will try to contact your household either in person or by phone up to six times or until counted.
- If no one is home:
1) Census takers will leave Notice of Visit hanging on the door, with phone number to call;
2) Residents may give their answers to census taker by telephone or call to schedule return visit;
3) Census takers will visit at different times of day;
4) As a last resort, census takers may ask landlords or neighbors for basic information about a home that does not respond after six tries.