The Schultz Family Foundation, founded by former Starbucks ceo and chairman emeritus Howard Schultz and his wife Sheri Schultz, today announced that Tyra Mariani has been appointed president by the Board of Trustees. As president, Mariani will partner with the Schultz family and Board to lea…
Mae Brooks and her team are putting the human back in human resources at the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board. Hired as the board’s director of Human Resources in June of 2016, Brooks has been working to redefine the relationship between her department and the parks’ 500-plus fulltime and 1,200-plus seasonal employees.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is the largest state agency and Lauren Hunter is working to insure it is the state’s most diverse employer as well.
- In Minnesota, voters encouraged to drop-off absentee ballots
- Voter suppression tactics and long lines fail to quell resolve of Black voters
- Breast cancer survival rates underscore importance of regular screening
- Why the 2020 vote matters more than ever to African Americans
- Attorney General Ellison: Ruling in Floyd case ‘important, positive step forward in the path toward justice’
- Governor Walz signs local jobs and projects plan into law
- New Kwanzaa Stamp available at USPS
- National Urban League launches Black restaurant accelerator program powered by PepsiCo Foundation