Details for Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist plays a critical role by helping engage and connect audiences to the Walker and our programming. This role supports and executes marketing strategy by providing a variety of content on an array of platforms; develops innovative and creative ways to engage new and existing audiences; and actively seeks ways to help accomplish a variety of marketing and visitor engagement goals. This role exemplifies Walker commitment to inclusion through an empathetic understanding of the stories and experiences new and existing audiences desire.
Social Media Content Development
- Develop engaging content consistent for the Walker social media platforms; work interdepartmentally to gather content and generate story ideas; write social media copy in consistent brand-appropriate voice; collaborate with design to create art-directed posts; develop social media kits; utilize social data/metrics, insights, and best practices to continuously improve audience engagement with content.
Social Media Audience Engagement Strategy
- Manage and execute social media audience engagement strategy; create and manage social media editorial calendar and align with other content distribution; collaborate to identify and manage audience targeting; manage media spend for ad campaigns, events, and sponsored content; work closely with partners to leverage complimentary engagement strategies; analyze, develop measurement standards, and provide recommendations to improve social media marketing; remain current on social media trends and best practices as well as new and emerging platforms; create and distribute reports based on analytics.
Social Media Audiences Management
- Monitor, listen, interact, and respond to audiences and online reviews; publish content on social media platforms; stay apprised of policies and protocols around programs and events providing customer service for social community; identify and manage opportunities for user- and staff-generated content; stay abreast of current events and online activity related to arts and culture; work with senior leadership to manage critical institutional issues messaging for social media.
- 2-4 years’ experience managing paid and organic social media for a business, organization, or institution as part of a collaborative marketing team.
- Experience with social media management tools and analytics with the ability to think critically and incorporate data and testing into planning.
- Ability to market a variety of content strategically positioned for optimal audience engagement.
- Strong written communications skills, including proofreading, grammar and spelling; innovative approaches and creative-thinking skills; strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to effectively oversee a large variety of time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborative work style, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to adapt to shifting demands and priorities; innovative approaches and creative-thinking skills.
- Strong interest in contemporary art and culture.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and experience with Adobe Creative Suite; skills in photography, photo editing, video production, and design are a plus.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION: Full-time, Exempt; up to $45,000/year, excellent benefits package, Walker membership and discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events, and programming.
For Consideration: Please send your cover letter, resume and professional references to: email@example.com. When applying please note IN in your cover so we know where you heard about this opportunity.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.