Details for PRINT DESIGNER
We are looking to enhance the reader experience across our channels by providing a beautiful and bold newspaper, presenting a user-friendly website and offering engaging social media . To make these enhancements we are looking for a few people with a fresh, bold approach to publishing and design.
The Position: Designer
The scope of this work will include newspaper design and web/social media design. We are offering a paid internship which could lead to part-time engagement with the company.
The Designer's Mission: To develop and implement proactive creative assets that will support the editorial mission of Insight News both in print and on-line.
We are looking for a commitment of 10 hours/week for 12 weeks. Compensation DOE.
Scope of work:
• Find and edit graphics, such as photographs or illustrations
• Correct photos for print and online publishing
• Add updates to website as needed
• Position artwork and text on the page layout
• Select formatting properties, such as text size, column width, and spacing
• Check proofs, or preliminary layouts, for errors and make corrections
• Finalize formatted documents for printing or electronic publication
• Create ads for newspaper and social media platforms
Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop InDesign Illustrator Wordpress
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills.
• Ability to distinguish good layout/typography, apply color theory, hierarchy and balance.
• Great communication skills, enjoys teamwork, and thrives in a collaborative project environment with ongoing deadlines.
• Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to multi-task. Ability to function independently with little direction.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to thrive and work constructively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Able to work occasional after-hours in order to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of print processes, including: 4 color process printing, spot color printing and various printing techniques.
• Ability to troubleshoot, and possess the initiative find the information needed to get the job