Details for Direct Support Specialist - Fergus Falls, MN
Direct Support Specialist
Fergus Falls, MN
$14.23 - $22.57/ Hourly
Join our team as a State of Minnesota employee!
Every person needs the support of others. Minnesota Department of Human Services is looking for person-centered, caring people to support individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, brain injury, and other emotional, behavioral, and medical complexities. Our goal is to ensure the people we serve achieve their highest quality of life and personal growth. As a Direct Support Specialist, you will be a member of a team who helps provide essential services to Minnesota’s most vulnerable residents.
On a day-to-day basis, this position will:
- Assist individuals when needed in the performance of work, recreation, and activities of daily living
- Lift, move, or position non-ambulatory or ambulatory individuals
- Administer medications, implement instructions, and act accordingly as directed
- Respond to medical emergencies, including first aid and CPR
- Transport and accompany individuals to medical appointments, community outings, recreational activities, and spiritual events,
- Respond therapeutically to individuals with challenging behaviors
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current and valid driver's license
- Basic math skills
- Clear communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Apply online www.mn.gov/careers,
Search for job ID# 19407
(Note: state job classification is Human Service Technician)
HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE APPLICATION & WEBSITE?