Details for Overnight Guard
Job Title: Overnight Guard
Department: Security & Operations
Reports To: Night Control Supervisor / Manager of Security / Operations
The Walker Art Center’s Security & Operations Department is seeking a motivated and customer service oriented individual for a full-time Overnight Guard position. This individual will work closely with the Control & Chief Guard team to continually maintain a high level of security and safety for the Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden while also placing the highest priority on customer service, helping to establish and provide a welcoming environment to all.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
- Expert knowledge of Walker security and life safety systems—Milestone, TruVision Nav. camera system, Facility Commander Access control, burglar, fire, phone, PA, elevators.
- Monitor security and safety conditions in and around the facility, including the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden; provide security access to Walker facility at the Control Center by screening and distributing staff ID badges, access control cards and keys; check visitors, vendors and contractors in and out of the Walker.
- Conduct four (4) thorough rounds of the Walker facility each night to ensure that all doors are locked and secure; monitor physical condition of facility and provide verbal or written reports, as needed.
- Take charge in emergency or crisis situation (medical, weather, and fire emergencies; power failures; bomb threats or visitor-incited violence); work closely with Chief Guards and Building Operations Management to ensure emergency resources are contacted and respond as needed.
- Work closely with Visitor Services, Facility Rental and Operations staff to ensure all events run smoothly in terms of safety and overall visitor experience.
- Provide clear and consistent communications with supervisor, Minneapolis Sculpture Garden staff, agents and police; resolve any unexpected customer service problems and obstacles by using good judgment and maintaining a positive attitude—in the Control Center, the facility, and the broader Walker campus.
- Maintain inventory of any equipment stored in Control Center, such as radios, keycards, keys, etc.
COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE:
Full-time (40 hours), non-exempt; $17-18/hour, dependent on level of experience; must be able to work the night shift from 12am-8am, Tuesday-Saturday; excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support remarkable artists, events and programming
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
Minimum of 2-3 years museum or non-profit experience in a security capacity preferred; security or safety certification preferred; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; skilled trouble-shooter and problem-solver; excellent organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented; hands-on
To Apply: include your resume and 2 or 3 professional references to be considered
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.