Housing committee considers HF918 3/8/23
HF918 seeks to increase homeownership opportunities for underserved communities of color with a onetime $10 million appropriation in fiscal year 2024 to Build Wealth Minnesota.
Additionally, the bill would quadruple the organization’s fiscal year 2023 appropriation from $500,000 to $2 million for a family stabilization plan program. Costs could cover budget and debt counseling, outreach and financial literacy education.
As featured on
About three out of four Black households rent. The reverse is true for white households.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Delayed, not denied: Vietnam veteran Col. Paris Davis fi nally receives Medal of Honor
- Cathay Williams joined famed Buffalo Soldiers as a man
- Mother: Irvo Otieno was 'brilliant and creative and bright'
- Minnesota nuclear plant shuts down for leak; residents worry
- Biden at 58th Anniversary of “Bloody Sunday”
- Towns scores 22 in return as Timberwolves rally past Hawks
- Los Angeles strike highlights paltry US school worker pay
- What to know about new research on coffee and heart risks
Find a local business
- House bill would mandate smaller K-12 class sizes, boost funding formula
- Ordway welcomes new diverse board members
- House bill to require ethnic studies in Minnesota schools clears first committee stop
- Will greater trans-gender and non-binary inclusion signal mission changes at Morehouse and Spelman Colleges?
- Abdirahman Kahin, CEO & Owner of Afro Deli & Grill is the Minnesota Small Business Person of the Year
- Brittney Griner and gender pay inequality: The saga continues
- Diesel Heart :The Melvin Carter, Jr. story
- City of Saint Paul opens applications for Rondo Inheritance Fund
- Notable former athletes pay it forward
- Vincent Carlo DeLusia: Educator, mentor
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
HF2619 would mandate class size ratios in Minnesota K-12 schools and provide dedicated funding to achieve that end.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.