Jaequan Faulkner is a 13-year-old with ambition … and some darn good hot dogs and polish sausages.
The long-term key to good health and economic prosperity in North Minneapolis could be positioned on the corner of Dowling and Humboldt Avenues.
Juxtaposition Arts (JXTA) launched a $14 million capital campaign to renovate and rebuild their current space to nurture young artists in the North Minneapolis community.
Bishop Fred W. Washington, presiding bishop for the Minnesota Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of the Church of God in Christ, will be hosting the 2018 Auxiliaries in Ministry (AIM) Conference June 12 – June 16.
Comcast Twin Cities has awarded $45,000 in scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year to 41 graduating high school seniors as part of the company’s annual Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services recently awarded $946,878 as part of a new disability services innovations grants program to support people with disabilities in the community.
The Rev. Dr. Arthur Agnew is celebrating his 25th pastoral anniversary of leading Bethesda Baptist Church in downtown Minneapolis.
(TriceEdneyWire.com) – The housing crisis that caused more than nine million people to suffer foreclosure and even homelessness due to the economic slump across the U. S. 10 years ago, has now fully recovered for everyone … everyone except people of color; especially African-Americans.
As part of its ongoing effort to rescue human trafficking victims and bring traffickers to justice, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) announced Minnesota law enforcement and the trucking industry will join together to combat human trafficking.
The Latino Youth Development Collaborative (LYDC) last week graduated 18 promotores y promotoras de educación (someone specially trained to provide health education) with the skills needed to help families navigate the sometimes murky waters of the Minnesota public education system.
The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is accepting nominations for local basketball courts to receive a refurbishment through the team’s “Our Courts. Our Future.” program presented by U.S. Bank.
Hennepin County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker recently garnered recognition from the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) for his contributions to the forensic pathology profession.
Emerge Community Development will dedicate its next class of Manufacturing Foundations, an opportunity to explore education and careers in the field of manufacturing to the memory of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Honoring her more than 20 years on television in the Twin Cities, Robyne Robinson is set to be inducted into the Minnesota Broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Shiloh’s roof will host 630 solar panels providing 204 kilowatts of electricity that will power Shiloh Temple, Masjid an Nur, 1729 Lyndale Ave. N., and 26 neighborhood residents.
- Hennepin declares January as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Awareness Month
- Public hearing on food protection
- Irene Fernando elected Board Chair of Hennepin County Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Projects receive funding to clean up contaminated sites
- Minnesota artist Mama Duvra’s ‘Trending’ to display at Juxtaposition Arts
- Tips to embrace a keto-friendly diet
- Rep. Ilhan Omar, DACA recipient, TSA worker call on Trump to end shutdown
- Make better brain health your top New Year’s Resolution for 2019
- No Blacks in CBS’ initial ‘embed’ team of digital journalists for 2020 campaign
- Where’s my flying car? 5 futuristic concepts drivers want most
- The growing, disproportionate imprisonment of Black women in America
- Listening sessions, Black understudy program for the No Territory Band
- Year of Return Ghana 2019
- Minneapolis native stars in PETA radio spot: Kimberly Elise advocates going vegan this new year
- Rep. Ilhan Omar appointed to Foreign Affairs, Education & Labor committees
- Keith Ellison sworn in as Minnesota Attorney General
- NAACP president Derrick Johnson responds ruling on the 2020 Census
- Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison interview series: Part 1