In the Sept. 16 edition of Insight News it was incorrectly reported that the Midtown Phillips Neighborhood received a $937,990 grant to fight the opioid crisis. The neighborhood organization did not receive, nor apply for such a grant. We sincerely regret the error in reporting.
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison has launched his new podcast, entitled “Affording Your Life with Keith Ellison.” It is currently available for listening or download on most major podcast platforms, as well as on Ellison’s website.
Makeda Zulu-Gillespie has been named as the new executive director of the Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC).
Donovan Jones-Myers was 15-years-old when his aunt invited him to attend his first Rites of Passage ceremony.
The long-term key to good health and economic prosperity in North Minneapolis could be positioned on the corner of Dowling and Humboldt Avenues.
Juxtaposition Arts (JXTA) launched a $14 million capital campaign to renovate and rebuild their current space to nurture young artists in the North Minneapolis community.
Bishop Fred W. Washington, presiding bishop for the Minnesota Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of the Church of God in Christ, will be hosting the 2018 Auxiliaries in Ministry (AIM) Conference June 12 – June 16.
Comcast Twin Cities has awarded $45,000 in scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year to 41 graduating high school seniors as part of the company’s annual Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services recently awarded $946,878 as part of a new disability services innovations grants program to support people with disabilities in the community.
The Rev. Dr. Arthur Agnew is celebrating his 25th pastoral anniversary of leading Bethesda Baptist Church in downtown Minneapolis.
(TriceEdneyWire.com) – The housing crisis that caused more than nine million people to suffer foreclosure and even homelessness due to the economic slump across the U. S. 10 years ago, has now fully recovered for everyone … everyone except people of color; especially African-Americans.
As part of its ongoing effort to rescue human trafficking victims and bring traffickers to justice, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) announced Minnesota law enforcement and the trucking industry will join together to combat human trafficking.
The Latino Youth Development Collaborative (LYDC) last week graduated 18 promotores y promotoras de educación (someone specially trained to provide health education) with the skills needed to help families navigate the sometimes murky waters of the Minnesota public education system.
The Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is accepting nominations for local basketball courts to receive a refurbishment through the team’s “Our Courts. Our Future.” program presented by U.S. Bank.
Hennepin County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker recently garnered recognition from the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) for his contributions to the forensic pathology profession.
Emerge Community Development will dedicate its next class of Manufacturing Foundations, an opportunity to explore education and careers in the field of manufacturing to the memory of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Honoring her more than 20 years on television in the Twin Cities, Robyne Robinson is set to be inducted into the Minnesota Broadcasting Hall of Fame.
Shiloh’s roof will host 630 solar panels providing 204 kilowatts of electricity that will power Shiloh Temple, Masjid an Nur, 1729 Lyndale Ave. N., and 26 neighborhood residents.
- Black representation in Japanese pop culture
- Opioids in-Latino community
- Film tackling white supremacy, police shootings, to screen in Minneapolis
- Next meeting set for Wednesday: Transformation: Upper Harbor riverfront development
- Timberwolves, Lynx, announce new social responsibility platform
- Hope for recovery workshop
- Open houses to be held on east metro bus rapid transit line: Public comment needed on METRO Gold Line
- Former deputy director of Minnesota Historical Society: Melanie Adams at the helm at Smithsonian’s Anacostia Community Museum
- Dr. Benjamin Chavis Jr. visits with Bill Cosby
- Barack Obama speaks on the passing of Elijah Cummings
- Curtis Shanklin named Corrections deputy commissioner
- Communities of color more likely to suffer due to drinking water violations
- Proposal would make Minneapolis first in the state to allow alternatives to cash bail: Seeking alternatives to cash bail
- Nation morns the passing of Elijah Cummings
- Looking back, pressing forward during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Minneapolis Police asks for public’s help in locating two missing juvenile siblings
- The Trump Effect: Is this administration a present danger to the Black psyche?
- Millennials expand gaming industry
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.