Hopefully the Minnesota Timberwolves aren’t too married to their blue and white uniforms, because if they play like they played in the debut of their Prince-inspired purple home jerseys all the time, fans might demand a switch.
Soul star and "sixth member" of Maroon 5, PJ Morton delighted a sold out audience May 10 at the Dakota Jazz Club. Brik Liam was a welcomed edition as the show's opener. photos/HARRY COLBERT, JR.
The foster youth being served by Connections to Independence (C2i) were the real winners during the 5th annual Run for the Roses Kentucky Derby fundraiser held May 5 at Warehouse Winery in St. Louis Park. photos/HARRY COLBERT, JR.
A few text messages the night before is all it took for Nick Hooks to have about 100 people to show up at Constantine in downtown Minneapolis for his birthday celebration on April 20.
Text and Facebook Messenger messages didn’t go out until Friday night for a Sunday gathering, but the late notice didn’t suppress turnout for Terry Austin’s birthday party at Rojo Mexican Grill in the West End.
The Feels – a monthly live entertainment event curated by Toki Wright and Brittany “Ms. Brit” Lynch – is as much about mental healing as it is about providing quality urban entertainment.
- Dr. Josie R. Johnson to release memoir
- Dr. Jody Lulich leader, innovator in veterinarian science
- NAACP asks for Supreme Court ruling on police obligation to administer aid
- From Mauritania to Qatar: Slavery evil takes many forms
- Janaan Ahmed named MPS board student Representative
- Starbound612 reflects on mission of ‘I Can Do Anything’ Tour: Building a culture of success for generations to come
- Film documents Aretha Franklin’s live recording of ‘Amazing Grace’
- At Minnesota Academy of Russian Ballet: Olivia Simmons Bergin celebrates 10 years with classical Nutcracker Suite
- How racism is getting away with murder
- Kamala Harris, Cory Booker weigh 2020 presidential bids
- Frey, Jenkins, Cano, and Ellison argue for creation of Cultural Districts policy in Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- The president and the press: Unhinged attacks are repulsive
- Diabetes: Types, prevention and care tips
- A House Called Gristle: Jametta Raspberry imagines a new culinary world for women and people of color
- Michelle Obama coming to Xcel
- Saint Paul co-op recognized for its commitment to positively influencing local community: Mississippi Market wins 2018 Twin Cities Indie Business Award
- How racism is getting away with murder, Part II
- ACLU Minneapolis to honor Eric Janus, NAACP Minneapolis