Jimmy Butler has now left the (Target Center) building, and the Minnesota Timberwolves can now move forward into an even more uncertain abyss.
LOS ANGELES –Three-time NFL Pro-Bowler, Minnesota Viking, Anthony Barr announced the newest single parents to receive 2018/2019 tuition scholarships from Raise the Barr.
For college football teams one loss can easily ruin chances to win a national championship. For teams with one or more losses the countdown begins towards salvaging a small bowl game appearance in December or hoping for an upset victory over a nationally ranked conference rival, in order to …
The Minnesota Timberwolves selected guard Josh Okogie from Georgia Tech with the 20th overall pick and Ohio State forward Keita Bates-Diop with the 48th overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.
Embroiled in the controversy of penalizing players for exercising their right to kneel in protest during the playing of the “Star Spangled Banner” the NFL has announced a partnership with one of the nation’s most prestigious historically Black institutions of higher learning.
The Minnesota Twins announced they have acquired minor league catcher Janigson Villalobos from the San Diego Padres in exchange for right-handed pitcher Phil Hughes, cash considerations and their 2018 Competitive Balance B draft selection (74th overall draft pick).
Twins centerfielder Byron Buxton and infielder Eduardo Escobar took a recent day off to hand out new gloves to youth in Northeast Minneapolis.
Lynx guards Alexis Jones and Tanisha Wright hosted a Lynx FastBreak Foundation Bookmobile visit along with Lynx mascot Prowl at Meadow Lake Elementary in New Hope.
Fans left the Target Center in a great mood following the Timberwolves 121-105 win in Game 3 of the first round playoffs versus the Houston Rockets. The Rockets lead the series 2-1 (April 21, 2018).
With a thrilling 112-106 overtime win versus the Denver Nuggets in front of a sold-out crowd of 18,978 at Target Center, the Minnesota Timberwolves have clinched a trip to the NBA playoffs.
After dropping the season’s first two games on the road, one to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Minnesota Timberwolves got payback in a big way Tuesday night (Nov. 1) in a 116-80 thrashing of the Grizzlies.
The Minnesota Twins announced Derek Falvey will be named the club’s executive vice president, chief baseball officer.
Minnesota Vikings linebackerEric Kendrickshas been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week after securing his first career interception and returning it 77 yards for his first career touchdown.
The Minnesota Timberwolves selected guard Kris Dunn from Providence with the fifth overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
In what is already being called one of the best NBA finals of all time, LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers erased a 3-1 deficit to capture the city’s first major crown in 52 years.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx announced today (June 17) that Rob Moor, who served as CEO for both franchises, is resigning from his position with the teams, transitioning to a role that will assist in the oversight of the holdings and business interests of majority owner Glen Taylor.
Sports writers across the world have all the storylines they need for upcoming Superbowl XLIX, and advertisers started their lead-in commercials two weeks early. Cue the hype machine.
Larry McKenzie, North High School’s basketball coach, was among four inductees to the Minnesota Basketball Coaches Association (MBCA) Hall of Fame on Nov. 1.
College basketball’s March Madness begins in the deep freeze of November, and buried in the beginnings of this season are the hard feelings left over from last year’s championship finals.
Early in his first term, President Obama suggested that he might be able to throw his weight around to organize a standard playoff system for college football.
Though there isn’t a lot of reason to believe the San Antonio Spurs won’t be able to repeat as NBA Champions, the toughest act can be following your own success; especially in a team game.
- Dr. Josie R. Johnson to release memoir
- Dr. Jody Lulich leader, innovator in veterinarian science
- NAACP asks for Supreme Court ruling on police obligation to administer aid
- From Mauritania to Qatar: Slavery evil takes many forms
- Janaan Ahmed named MPS board student Representative
- Starbound612 reflects on mission of ‘I Can Do Anything’ Tour: Building a culture of success for generations to come
- Film documents Aretha Franklin’s live recording of ‘Amazing Grace’
- At Minnesota Academy of Russian Ballet: Olivia Simmons Bergin celebrates 10 years with classical Nutcracker Suite
- How racism is getting away with murder
- Kamala Harris, Cory Booker weigh 2020 presidential bids
- Frey, Jenkins, Cano, and Ellison argue for creation of Cultural Districts policy in Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- The president and the press: Unhinged attacks are repulsive
- Diabetes: Types, prevention and care tips
- A House Called Gristle: Jametta Raspberry imagines a new culinary world for women and people of color
- Michelle Obama coming to Xcel
- Saint Paul co-op recognized for its commitment to positively influencing local community: Mississippi Market wins 2018 Twin Cities Indie Business Award
- How racism is getting away with murder, Part II
- ACLU Minneapolis to honor Eric Janus, NAACP Minneapolis